This is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top stories about the oil and gas industry.
Court rules that duty to consult was upheld.
- Trans Mountain has been under scrutiny for the better part of a decade, overcoming major hurdles. This ruling has solidified the consultation process for the project was adequate.
- With this challenge dismissed, Canadians can now look forward to the benefits provided by the Trans Mountain including employment and training for the Indigenous communities in its path.
Replacing an old pipeline finally makes sense to Minnesota regulators.
- The state Department of Commerce conducted additional modeling and concluded in the update that there was little chance of a spill reaching the lake.
- Line 3 will help decrease the transportation bottleneck that dropped Canadian oil prices dramatically in late 2018.
When it comes to energy, everybody benefits with more. Especially when companies reduce their environmental impacts.
- Companies like Teck are already pledging zero or near-zero emissions by 2050 to produce high-quality energy and remain sustainable.
- With regions like Africa and Asia increasing their energy demand and wanting to improve their quality of life, Canadian hydrocarbons produced at our incredible standards can provide them with the energy they need to succeed.