This is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top stories about the oil and gas industry.
This virtue-signal from the University of Victoria won’t impact emissions
- A study by Oxford’s Smith School for Enterprise and Management found that “even if the maximum possible capital was divested from fossil fuel companies, their shares prices are unlikely to suffer precipitous declines over any length of time”
- Billionaire and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates has noted that divestment has not done anything to reduce emissions and that people should be investing their money and energy behind the disruptive technologies that slow carbon emissions.
- Oil and gas companies in Canada invest more than any other group in these disruptive technologies that are actively reducing emissions.
ALL of the communities in the area support this project. The only division is coming from activists.
- The communities in the area support Teck’s Frontier mine because it will bring jobs and economic opportunities to the region.
- If the federal government says no to Frontier, it will signal to Indigenous people that their support and say in natural resource development is not a priority.