Join our daily email list!
This is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top anti-oil and gas stories and providing research and facts to counter misinformation about the oil and gas industry.
The author is conflating the B.C. natural gas industry with the U.S.
The natural gas industry in B.C. is still trucking along, bringing jobs and bolstering the economy.
- Despite claims by the author that natural gas prices are tanking, the Alberta Energy Regulator expects natural gas prices to continue increasing over the next few years.
- Despite claims by the author that oil and gas companies are going abysmally bankrupt, only a handful of Canadian companies have filed for receivership.
- A study by the Conference Board of Canada found that B.C. could see a windfall of revenue of $94 billion between 2020-2064.
- LNG will also provide much needed economic support to Indigenous communities in the area. LNG Canada has provided $2.2 billion in contracts to Indigenous and local business.
- Primary Energy demand will continue to increase in developing countries as our population grows. Canada should be the world’s supplier with our #1 ranking in ESG
Here are some stories that get it right, or mostly right.
Terry Etam writes that the energetic vibe of Alberta’s energy is still alive and well despite business change. He notes that Alberta has a hugely talented, youthful population, with bright minds drawn here from across the country. It’s always been a kind of Wild West where you come to stake your claim and make your mark. Though things have changed, the industry will continue to be alive and well through the innovation and opportunity that young workers will create.