This is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top stories about the oil and gas industry.
The author of this article is completely divested from reality.
- Professor Andrew Leach noted that when considering Alberta’s electricity, most oil sands projects, including Teck’s Frontier mine, are basically electricity neutral due to their contributions to the energy grid.https://twitter.com/andrew_leach/status/1226707588122738688
- The use of cogeneration in oil sands sites has attributed to a significant reduction in the per-barrel intensity oil in Alberta.
Preventing African access to reliable hydrocarbon energy will keep them instilled in poverty.
- With more than 600 million Africans without access to electricity, stopping hydrocarbon development will hamper Africa’s chances at increasing its quality of life.https://www.forbes.com/sites/judeclemente/2015/03/15/the-true-link-between-carbon-based-fuels-and-quality-of-life/#5decadbc628a
- Currently a third of the energy mix in Africa is from solid biomass such as wood or dung, which creates major health hazards when used for cooking and heating.
Here are some stories that get it right, or mostly right.
Even though it is an Albertan project, the benefits will be felt across the country.
- More often than not, when oil and gas projects are approved in Alberta, the projects look east for supplies and parts, providing business across Canada.https://www.facebook.com/secondstreet.org/videos/298466324290959/
- The Joint Review Panel Established by the Federal Minister of Environment and Climate Change and the Alberta Energy Regulator has already approved the project in the public’s interest.