This is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top stories about the oil and gas industry.
Scheer defends Indigenous’ right to participate in resource development.
- Indigenous groups support resource development as a means to move forward with reconciliation and tackle on-reserve poverty.
- A large portion of Indigenous peoples work in the oil and gas sector where their communities and companies do billions of dollars in business together.
Activist fund leaves oil sand investments but retains a significant investment in the state-run oil company.
- Despite divesting from Canadian oil and gas companies, KLP still holds over $300 million worth of shares in Equinor, Norway’s state-run oil and gas company.
- Meanwhile, Equinor just began operations on its new oil and gas field that is projected to produce hundreds of thousand barrels of oil a day.
Trans Mountain will help decrease global emissions by getting our product to market.
- This study by Navius Research shows that the Trans Mountain pipeline will actually lower global emissions by allowing us to export our high quality hydrocarbons abroad.
- By exporting Canadian hydrocarbons to other countries, we can reduce carbon leakage and take on global emissions.https://www.naviusresearch.com/publications/reversing-carbon-leakage/