This is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top stories about the oil and gas industry.
Only one wants to take on global emissions.
- There is no question that Canada should do its part to tackle climate change, but only one party’s platform has committed to using our resources to reduce global emissions.
- Canada can lead on climate change by focusing on exporting our high standard products to reduce emissions from countries with higher emissions.
Except Canadians want energy and pipelines.
- Recent polling has shown that a majority of Canadians are in favor of getting pipelines built.
- Canadian oil supply will be increasing and will continue to fill the increased demand for energy as other countries become more developed.
It’s projects like these that put the oil and gas industry at the forefront of climate action.
- Other oilsands companies like Imperial oil are also investing heavily in emissions reduction technology like their solvent assisted extraction project that will significantly reduce steam use and emissions.
- Through the technology and innovation that the Canadian hydrocarbon industry has invested in to reduce emissions, the emission intensity per-barrel has dropped 31%.