This is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top stories about the oil and gas industry.
Canadian LNG is the cleanest in the world.
- Projects like Quebec’s Énergie Saguenay will be powered through non-emitting sources like hydroelectricity.
- If Canada exports LNG to countries with higher emissions, we can take a lead in reducing global greenhouse gases and fight climate change.
Canada doesn’t subsidize oil and gas, it taxes it for billions of dollars.
- Hydrocarbon production and use is taxed billions more than the corporate welfare provided by Canadian governments.
- The International Monetary Fund unjustifiably added an additional $51 billion for things such as road congestion and local air pollution(which are not subsidies at all) in their report cited by activists.
Foreign-funded National Observer thinks investigating foreign funding is bad.
- The National Observer itself has been funded by foreign organizations like Tides.
- This isn’t the first time the National Observer has tried to mislead its readers on the nature of foreign-funded organizations in Canada.