This is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top stories about the oil and gas industry.
Canadian hydrocarbons should be celebrated for their incredible standards.
- Canada has the highest environmental, social and governance index ranking, making our hydrocarbons the best in the world.
- When Canada exports its natural resource advantage, everyone wins. Navius Research has shown that Canada can reduce global emissions by exporting our higher quality products.
Our national consensus should be to support the energy industry.
- With projects like Trans Mountain shown to reduce global emissions, it should be a no-brainer to support the energy industry.
- Indigenous participation in the energy industry also needs to be part of the national consensus because hundreds of communities rely on the oil and gas sector for the benefits they receive.
A majority of British Columbians support the pipeline.
- Recent polls show that a majority of Canada including British Columbia supports the Trans Mountain project.
- British Columbian are projected to benefit greatly from the pipeline expansion including funding for social programs and jobs.