Here are today’s top stories about the oil and gas industry, and how Canadian hydrocarbons make Canada and the world better!
Canadian voters like carbon initiatives but not paying for them, poll finds
We need to stop penalizing Canada’s world-class resource development and export our environmental advantages to help the planet.
- Carbon taxes have been shown to shift jobs and increase emissions in other countries, while Canadians pay for a negligible reduction in emissions.
- Instead of increasing the carbon tax, Canada can take a global approach by exporting our high quality and lower emission resources to more carbon intense countries. This will save Canadians money and help the planet.
While Calgary sputters, Houston booms
Made in Canada regulatory roadblocks have shifted jobs, emissions, and economic growth to Houston.
- When Canada’s oil and gas sector is left to flourish, Canadians and the world benefit from reduced emissions.
- Navius Research did a study on the impact of the Trans Mountain Expansion Project’s delay and found a carbon leakage rate of 133% or more!
Canada’s enviable energy position
The world wants Canada’s responsibly produced resources and can’t understand why Canadians don’t too.
- Canada has a vast supply of useful and reliable energy resources that positions us to be a world leader with the best in class environmental standards.
- The Canadian oil and gas industry also boasts the cleanest hydrocarbons like the lowest emission natural gas on the planet.