Here are today’s top stories about the oil and gas industry, and how Canadian hydrocarbons make Canada and the world better!
Oil sands driving Canadian energy-related R&D
Canada’s oil and gas sector lowers emissions through innovation.
- The Canadian oil and gas industry is the largest spender on research and development that will lower costs and emissions.
- Different organizations like Emissions Reduction Alberta are investing in the environment, lowering 42 million tonnes of CO2 by 2030, making the Canadian oil and gas industry the top of its class.
Indigenous ownership of the Trans Mountain pipeline would safeguard the environment
Indigenous groups support getting our hydrocarbons to market.
- Initiatives like Project Reconciliation can help First Nations along Trans Mountain’s route by returning resource shipping profits to the traditional owners of the land from which those resources came.
- Industry partnering with Indigenous groups can help First Nations unlock the vast amounts of hydrocarbons under their traditional lands, bringing prosperity and social benefits to combat poverty.
Mismatch in oil, refining bodes well for Canadian crude
The world needs Canadian hydrocarbons.
- There is a massive market for Canadian hydrocarbons because they are produced at the highest standards.
- Exporting our hydrocarbon and environmental advantage will help lower emissions in other countries, making Canada a leader in environmentalism.