Here are today’s top stories about the oil and gas industry, and how Canadian hydrocarbons make Canada and the world better!
The Oil and Gas Industry is a pathway toward true reconciliation.
- Alberta Equity Partners – representing 31 Indigenous communities – secured $2 billion in long-term economic, business and education opportunities with Enbridge, and 33-per-cent ownership in the pipeline. Agreements like this help the industry and Indigenous communities forge strong partnerships.
- Between 2015 and 2016, oil sands operators invested more than $3.3 billion on procurement and worked with 399 Indigenous businesses in 66 Alberta communities. These investments help move Indigenous communities out of poverty.
Canada can help the planet while leading in LNG.
- LNG has an extremely clean emissions lifecycle, particularly in Canada. Canadian LNG can bring down global emissions.
- Canada will have the cleanest Liquified Natural Gas plants in the world by using hydroelectricity to power operations.
Neglects the invaluable contributions that oil and gas have made for the modern world.
- Fuels like natural gas are a primary source of heating in Canada. It was the principal energy source for households in Alberta (72%), Saskatchewan (68%), Ontario (62%), and British Columbia (54%) in 2011. Keeping us warm during our cold Canadian winters.
- Even with an increase in the consumption of Canadian hydrocarbons, our air quality has continued to improve with a massive decrease in pollutants.