Here are today’s top stories about the oil and gas industry, and how Canadian hydrocarbons make Canada and the world better!
LNG light at end of tunnel for Canada’s gas producers
The world needs Canadian LNG.
- Canadian LNG will be the cleanest in the world by being produced with hydroelectricity from British Columbia.
- Producing LNG in Canada will not just keep domestic emissions low but will lower emissions globally by being exported across the world to places that burn dirtier fuel and have less environmental standards.
There is no credible way to transport oil and natural gas without pipelines
Canadian pipelines create prosperity and protect the environment.
- The Canadian Pipeline system gets our products to market safely and efficiently, minimizing environmental impacts.
- Pipelines like the Trans Mountain Expansion bring in a host of fiscal and social impacts by providing different levels of government the resources to keep our hospitals running so that we remain healthy.
Researchers develop large-scale, economical method to extract hydrogen from oil sands and oil fields
The world still needs the oil and gas industry for sustainable technology.
- The Canadian oil and gas industry can provide a pathway to create low-emission technology because the industry continues to fund billions in cleantech investment.
- The Canadian oil and gas industry is committed to sustainability, this is why they will continue to decrease emissions while providing valuable resources to the world.