Title: Evaluating temporal patterns of metals concentrations in floodplain lakes of the Athabasca Delta (Canada) relative to pre-industrial baselines
Publisher: Science of The Total Environment
Date: Volume 704, 20 February 2020, 135309
- Lack of pre-industrial baseline data hampers assessment of oil sands river pollution.
- We analyzed metals concentrations in cores of Athabasca Delta floodplain lakes.
- No enrichment was detected for metals associated with oil sands development.
- Results inform decision on World Heritage status of Wood Buffalo National Park.
- A framework has been established for ongoing aquatic ecosystem monitoring.