This is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top stories about the oil and gas industry.
Divestment is a symbolic and ineffective tool to reduce the carbon footprint of institutional investments.
- Divesting from fossil fuel stocks does not reduce the demand for hydrocarbons
- Divesting from University endowments could actually increase tuition for students.
The Trans Mountain pipeline will likely become one of the largest Indigenous-owned assets in the world — and that’s just the start
Indigenous ownerships in energy projects can help drive away on-reserve poverty.
- When Indigenous groups and communities participate in energy projects, they stand to benefit from jobs, business and higher quality of life.
- The most recent statistics show that 32 reserves are producing oil on their lands and 49 reserves are producing natural gas.
Oil and gas firms must dip into their ‘deep pockets’ to fight climate change, International Energy Agency says
In Canada, the oil and gas industry is the top funder for climate change initiatives.
- Year after year, the oil and gas industry invests billions while combatting climate change and environmental issues.
- Companies like Questerre Energy are investing this money into projects like their zero-emissions initiative in Quebec so that the industry can provide reliable energy while ensuring a sustainable future.