This is a news compilation setting the record straight on the day’s top stories about the oil and gas industry.
Canada’s natural gas industry can fight global emissions.
- The former executive director of the International Energy Agency says that Canada needs to get its LNG Canada project built to not miss out on the global market.
- B.C. Hydro will be providing power to the LNG project which will make it one of the cleanest in the world.
This Conference Board of Canada report shows the negative impacts of the carbon tax.
- The Prairies and Atlantic Canada will be the most affected, with a potential loss of 94,000 jobs and $21 billion dollars.
- Even with efforts to reduce the impact on the economy, the tax will cost Canada around $500 per tonne of emissions reduced.
The Canadian oil and gas industry is developing the technology we need to fight climate change.
- The oil and gas industry spends the most of any other groups on the environment and clean technology.
- Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance helps support groups and initiatives like Carbon Engineering’s project in Squamish, B.C. to turn carbon dioxide into fuel.